Updated 2: Congrats to Helen P. for winning a copy of 3-D Explorer: Planet Earth.
We have sent you an email. Thanks everyone for entering. We will have more fun giveaways soon.
Celebrate Earth Day with your kids! Take an incredible journey through the natural world with 3-D Explorer: Planet Earth, where extraordinary see-through scenes, astonishing images, diagrams, and five dazzling pop-up scenes bring the secrets of our planet to life.
Parents, test your knowledge about our planet and email your answers to SilverDolphin.email@example.com by May 6th, 2011, midnight PST, for a chance to win a copy of 3-D Explorer: Planet Earth. [Contest closed.]
1. The ________ is 93 million miles away from the Earth.
2. ________ cover more than 70 percent of Earth’s surface.
3. ________ erupt red-hot lava that forms mountain-shaped structures.
4. Earth’s landscapes are continually changing as ice, wind, and water very gradually wear away rocks at the surface. This process is called ________.
5. The regular pattern of weather and temperature in a region is known as the ________.
6. Scientists divide the Earth into ________, or major geographical regions dominated by a particular type of vegetation, such as forest or grassland.
7. The three main types of rocks are igneous, ________, and metamorphic rocks.
8. Millions of years ago, during a vast time span called the Mesozoic era, ________ dominated the Earth.
9. ________ is one of the main forces that shape the Earth’s surface, sculpting amazing landscapes such as the Rocky Mountains.
10. ________ are whirling funnels of air that form below thunderclouds.
All images from 3-D Explorer: Planet Earth by Silver Dolphin Books.