It’s June – school’s out or close to being done. And the worst thing for a parent to hear from their child…”I’m boooored!” (Maybe there are worse phrases, but we’ll leave those to the imagination.) 😉 Are you ready? What do you have planned? If you’re as shocked as we are at how fast time flew, then fear not!
We’re ready to arm you with lots of fun activities to keep your kids happy and wholesomely entertained throughout the entire summer!
Here are our favorite things to do:
- Gardening – get out and have an adventure in your own backyard. What’s really fun is getting out and getting muddy! (Maybe not so fun for mom but kids love it!) Have your little one help pull weed and sprinkle water on the flowers. Make a contest out of it!
- Play dress-up (and do some spring cleaning) – clear out old clothes and shoes from your closet.
- Bake cookies and befriend a firefighter – Make a special delivery of homemade cookies to your local fire station. (Though you might want to call ahead to set up an appointment!)Pack a picnic and head to the Park. Here are some funky inspiration for sandwiches to pack via Funky Lunch
- Crafts, crafts and more crafts. We love Kids Craft Weekly.
- Head to the beach for some suntastic fun (via craftionary).
Check out our own lock stock and barrel for some cool ideas too! We’ve got books with great projects, play, and activities to keep kids busy and entertained:
- PLAY-DOH Jumbo Sticker Book: Let’s Get Creative
- Stamps & Doodles: Animals
- Totally Awesome Big Book of Activity Fun
Summer is the best season for family time. We’d love to hear from you about your favorite things to do, too!