Summer is the perfect time for family vacations – uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, and siblings descend upon a beach cottage or lake house and spend a week enjoying lazy days together.
Most adults remember the days of bringing a book on vacation as their entertainment… Now, we see kids everywhere flip through tablet devices with ease. Though times have changed, the sentiment remains the same. The long, summer days gives families a chance to spend time together, create memories and reconnect.
We pulled together some of our must-haves to take with us on family vacations:
- Digital camera or camera phone – Photo opps abound on summer vacation! We love the suggestions from Craftionary – including taking a picture of your kids holding up what ages they are or making funny shadow faces:
- Use an old shower curtain ring to attach your keys to your beach bag
- We love this beach bag with a mesh opening on the bottom so you can shake the sand out (Genius!)
- Waterproof/Sand-proof protective case for your e-Reader or tablet
- Click here for some excellent beach-friendly reading recommendations from Silver Dolphin Books
What are some of your must-haves for your beach bag or family vacations? Leave a comment below!
-Silver Dolphin Books