Today, Fire Prevention Day, is a great opportunity to talk with your children about how to prevent fires and be safe from a fire, whether at home, school or in public.
Start the conversation at home with our free firetruck coloring sheet, from our Pretend & Play: Firefighter book.
While your child is coloring, start the conversation about fire safety:
- How to prevent fires
- Don’t cook without an adult
- Keep items like towels and toys away from candles and the stove
- Don’t set things on a lamp
- Never play with matches
- Fire safety
- Where the smoke detectors are at home
- How to avoid burns
- Your escape route for home and school
- Create a family escape plan, including a safe place for your family to meet in an emergency
For more great tips, check out firesafekids.org!