This week is SHARK WEEK on Discovery Channel, and we’re jumping in on the fun with ocean and shark book giveaways and shark-tastic facts.
- Field Guide to Ocean Animals
- Smithsonian Young Explorers: Oceans
- Build the Shark
- Uncover a Shark
- 3D Explorer: Oceans
- Color and Play: Sea Creatures
- Animal Adventures: Ocean
Sound fun? You can win all of these titles by visiting us on Facebook (on Tuesday) and Instagram (on Thursday)! These books can be a fun addition to your child’s library and also make for great tools for homeschooling.
To kick off the fun, test your friends with these fun shark facts and jokes!
- Sharks have been around for over 400 million years. Even before the dinosaurs!
- A shark may grow over 20,000 teeth in their lifetime! They regularly lose them and grow new ones.
- Baby sharks are called pups. Pups don’t stay with their moms, in fact they try to get away fast as to not get eaten by momma!
- What does a shark like to eat with peanut butter sandwiches? Jellyfish!
- What do you get when you cross a shark and a snowman? Frostbite!
- What do sharks eat for lunch? Fish & ships!