Last year we celebrated random acts of kindness with a special contest for parents and educators. It was so successful we’re doing it again this year! To encourage people to think outside the box in regards to doing nice things for others, we’re giving away two prizes a day each day this week. One prize for the winner, and one to give away!
Don’t forget to check out our 10 ideas for random acts of kindness below!
Random Acts of Kindness Giveaway
Monday, November 17: Smithsonian Young Explorers: Oceans
Tuesday, November 18: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Pop-Up Book
Wednesday: November 19: Origami Adventures: Animals
Thursday, November 20: Crayola Color Workshop: Sidewalk Art & Games
Friday, November 21: Smithsonian Discover: Space
Just follow us on Facebook and leave a comment when we post the prompt each day.
And if you’re inspired, here are a few other random acts of kindness ideas that we love:
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line
- Have your children create art/cards to deliver to a senior center, or buy flowers and have them hand them out to seniors
- Return shopping carts in the parking lot even though they aren’t yours
- Pick up trash at your local park
- Hold the door open for people wherever you go
- Think of someone who has had a rough time lately and deliver them a treat or flowers
- Tape quarters to parking meters
- Leave an anonymous gift for your teachers or friends
- Deliver a basket of goodies to your local police and/or fire station
- Here are more ideas and printables to really take it to the next level!
We would love to hear about your random acts of kindness – leave a comment!
*Giveaways are open to residents of the United States and Canada. Winners will be randomly chosen from all comments received during the time of that day’s Facebook post date/time through midnight of that day, Pacific Time.