Book lovers, take note! 2015 is going to be a great year for Silver Dolphin Books; with engaging and interactive new releases including new Smithsonian titles, nature series, Maurice Pledger books, plus art & crafts kits perfect for your family. We put this sneak peek together for parents to get a glimpse at our new 2015 children’s books from Silver Dolphin…
Silver Dolphin Spring 2015 Children’s Books
Silver Dolphin’s licensing agreement with the Smithsonian Institution, the world’s largest museum and research complex, continues into 2015 with some exciting new products:
- Smithsonian Young Explorers: 50 States is an alphabetically arranged compendium of state trivia contains information on state birds, animals, and flowers, famous state residents, and a gaggle of fun facts. Includes a large poster and floor puzzle.
- Smithsonian Everything You Need to Know, two options: Kindergarten – 1st grade and 2nd-3rd grade. The flip-top box is packed with 275 fact cards covering categories such as Earth and space, plants and animals, geography, history, and health. Inquisitive kids will have hours of fun discovering everything their young minds need to know in these interest-packed fact card set.
- Take a fantastic journey into outer space with Earth Lab: Solar System. The informative text and full-color photographs highlight the structure and key features of each planet, as well as distant galaxies and constellations. Also included: cardstock pieces to build models of the Sun and planets, glow-in-the-dark stars, and a solar system poster with stickers for kids to turn their rooms into their own outer space adventure!
- Earth Lab World Atlas takes children around the globe to discover our planet’s rich diversity of cultures, wildlife, and natural beauty. Detailed maps of every continent highlight key landmarks and geographical features, and informative text provides fascinating details about the countries, animals, and famous places found in each region. When young explorers have finished learning about the wonders of our world, they can decorate their rooms with the included models of three famous landmarks, an inflatable globe, and a world map poster with stickers.
Art & Craft Kits
- Pom Pom Pals. Pom-pom Pals contains everything that budding crafters need to create the most adorable fuzzy friends you’ve ever seen. This complete kit and detailed book of instructions comes with an easy-to-use pom-pom maker, four colors of yarn, felt, ribbon, and ready-made mini pom-poms. The full-color simple instruction book contains extra project ideas and instructions to make even more adorable pom-pom animals, plus fascinating facts about each creature. Two kits available: Pets and Farm.
- Art On The Go. Creativity can strike at any moment, so it’s always a good idea to have an Art on the Go! kit handy. The wipe-clean canvas carrying case is the perfect portable drawing activity set for young artists. Twelve easy-grip crayons and over 50 stickers stay neatly organized alongside the 64-sheet drawing pad. Art on the Go! Doodle Every Day teaches kids basic drawing techniques and encourages them to express their creativity any day. Art on the Go: Draw With Me provides simple step-by-step instructions to draw nearly anything a kid could imagine, from a terrifying T. rex to an undersea mermaid.
- Junior Builder: Racing Machines is designed for curious youngsters aged 5+ who want to know how all types of racing vehicles are built to reach incredible speeds. Kids can add to the excitement by assembling a 12-inch interactive model of a dragster.
Additional Titles by Acclaimed Illustrator Maurice Pledger
We’re excited to bring you additional titles by the beloved children’s illustrator Maurice Pledger, including Noisy Nature: In the Ocean and Animal Kingdom Sticker Book: Jungles & Oceans. Plus, the Sounds of the Wild series will be relaunched in February.
We’re looking forward to bringing these activities and more into your home this year. Happy reading!