Does your child love fun facts about animals, history, dinosaurs, geography and more? We have the perfect tool for them plus a free downloadable PDF filled with engaging facts about amphibians, reptiles and fish.
Smithsonian Everything You Need To Know
Our Smithsonian Everything You Need To Know Fact Cards (three available kits: grades K-1, 2-3 and 4-5) are the perfect homeschooling tool or supplement to subjects your children are studying in school. Each of the 275 oversized fact cards include colorful photos and illustrations paired with interesting facts. Curious kids will learn about the world around them, past and present.
We recently invited some homeschooling families to review these kits. Here is what a few had to say about how they use the cards:
- “We use a “Book Basket” in our homeschool day. During Book Basket time, the kids are free to read and look at pictures of things we’re learning for at least 20 minutes. I usually stock this basket with interesting books that go along with our current study, fact books, and other interesting material that I think they will like. After getting the Smithsonian Everything You Need To Know Fact Cards, I added these to the Book Basket. I often find my son on the floor with a stack of cards spread out in front of him.” – Sara from Happy Brown House
- “Strewing, for those of you who are unfamiliar, is the art leaving interesting things around for our kids to discover. And it is an art. The best strewing happens after parents have observed kids and their interests, and have set up an inviting and learning-rich environment where kids feel safe to try new things and make lots of mistakes – a challenge for many perfectionists. Strewing with the Everything You Need to Know fact cards has become a fun activity around here.” – Colleen from Raising Lifelong Learners
- “Are your kids working on a report on birds of prey or different biomes? Because they can definitely pull these cards out and use them for research. I will warn you though, your kid may get sidetracked with all the good information in these cards. Use the handy label tabs to pull out the section your child will need and have him work with those. They’ll have a page of great research notes in no time.” – Alicia from Investing Love
Download Animal Facts Featuring Facts From Smithsonian Everything You Need To Know
If you want more, you can order these kits here:
- Smithsonian Everything You Need To Know: Grades K-1
- Smithsonian Everything You Need To Know: Grades 2-3
- Smithsonian Everything You Need To Know: Grades 4-5
*The Smithsonian name and logo are registered trademarks of the Smithsonian Institution.