Here are 10 kid-friendly craft ideas for some springtime fun. Hope you and your little ones enjoy crafting! Share your creations with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!
1. Clothespins Tulips
Welcome Spring with this fun flower project!
- Your favorite paper (green for the petals and choose your own for tulips!)
- Rubber Cement or Glue
1. Turn your paper over and sketch a tulip shape. Grab a pair of scissors and cut out your tulip.
2. Take a piece of paper that’s a shade of green for the tulips’ petals. Turn the piece of paper over, sketch petals, and then cut them out.
3. Lay out all the cutout paper pieces so each tulip has two petals.
4. Unclamp the clothespins and stick each tulip in between the wooden clamps. Use rubber cement to glue the petals on the flat part of the clothespins. You’re done! Place your tulips around your house for springtime decoration!
2. DIY Folded Paper Butterfly
A folded paper butterfly is fun, adorable, and easy to make! Choose any color or even make your butterfly multicolored. This project can be completed in about 10 minutes—simple and easy for the little ones at home.
- Pipe Cleaners
- Colorful Paper
1. Cut colorful paper into squares. [We did 4” x 4” but it all depends on how big you want the wings to be!]
2. Fold the squares in half diagonally so you end up with a triangle. [You’ll need two squares for each butterfly. Have fun with color choices!] Fold down the paper starting at the widest part and continue until the tip of the triangle is folded. Do this for both sides of triangle.
3. Select two folded pieces and wrap them together with the pipe cleaners. Spread the wings, tilt the pipe cleaners slightly for antennas, and then you’ll have a lovely butterfly!
3. Springy Paper Flowers
Make Spring-y flowers as gifts or as lovely decorations in your home!
- Printed paper in fun bright colors
- Green paper
- Rubber cement or glue
1. Gather a variety of printed paper in fun, bright colors to make your flowers. Turn the paper over and sketch flowers in different shapes and sizes. After you’ve cut out your flower shape, cut out a circle in a different color/pattern for the center of your flower. Use rubber cement to glue the circle to the flower. Repeat until you’ve created several brightly colored flowers.
2. Using a sheet of green paper, cut out green strips that are approximately one inch wide.
3. Take two strips of paper and place them together. Taking one paper strip at a time, fold inward creating a paper accordion. Fold each strip inward one after another. This will be the spring for your flower.
4. Using rubber cement, attach your flower to the springs. Now you have adorable paper flowers that spring up and down with just a press of the finger!
3. Egg Carton Bunny
Looking for a cheap springtime craft for kids?! An egg carton bunny is a perfect idea!
- Egg Carton
- Paint (colors are up to you – you can customize your bunny!)
- Black Sharpie
1. Start by cutting out one egg carton cup from your larger egg carton. Trim the edges so it sits flat! Then cut a square out and use that to make two cute bunny ears.
2. Paint a color on the bunny ears. We chose yellow! Draw on the bunny’s face with a black sharpie and then paint the nose. We chose pink!
3. Once the ears and nose are dry, glue the ears on the back of the egg carton and then paint on some whiskers.
Create an adorable spring sheep with cotton balls and a paper plate!
Welcome spring with a homemade bird’s nest! All you need is cupcake liners, paper, and Easter grass!
April showers bring May flowers! This cute duck is perfect for celebrating spring!
With just a paper plate, kids can create their own bunny-shaped basket!