Whether it’s a baby shower or nursery décor, these charming crafts are sure to bring joy to any room. From a baby shower guest book to a onesie banner, these 10 crafts are easy-to-follow and are sure to inspire you as you celebrate the baby in your life!
1. Baby Shower Banner
- Twine or string
- Paper in colors/patterns of your choice
- Mini clothespins
- Sketch a baby onesie or use a template of one from online. Cut out the template (or your sketch), and trace it onto the pieces of paper you chose.
- Cut out the onesies. The amount you need will depend on how long you want your banner to be.
- Cut a piece of twine or string that’s long enough for all of the onesies you cut out. Grab a clothespin and attach each onesie to the string, and then hang up your banner and enjoy!
2. Animal Silhouettes
- Paper in several solid colors and patterns
- Rubber Cement
- Sketch your favorite animal or use a template, then cut it out.
- Trace your animal onto a sheet of patterned paper.
- Cut out the animal then paste it onto a sheet of solid colored paper, and then display your animal silhouette!
3. Elephant Baby Shower Guest Book
- Elephant illustration with balloon strings (We used this printable.)
- Cardstock or sturdy paper
- Print out (or draw your own) cute animal holding balloon strings! Place on your entry table at the baby shower.
- As guests come in (or during the shower), they can add their thumbprint as a balloon in any color they choose.
- Once the shower is over, let the paint dry and then frame and place in the baby’s room.
4. Diaper Cake – Small Bassinet
- Diapers (We recommend at least 8, but it depends on how big you want the cake to be.)
- Safety Pins or Double Sided Tape
- 2 burp cloths
- 1 bib
- 1 onesie
- Rubber Bands
- Artificial flower or bow (optional)
- Take 7 of the diapers and wrap a rubber band around the sides and the top.
- Take the onesie and cover the top half of the diaper brick. Make sure to keep the top nice and flat! Using the rubber band, tuck in the sides of the onesie so the bottom half of the diapers is still uncovered.
- Now, using the burp cloth, wrap it around the bottom half of the diaper brick. [We folded ours in half lengthwise.] Wrap around 3 sides of the diaper brick and then use a rubber band to secure it.
- Take the 1 extra diaper and roll it into a “pillow” shape. Wrap a rubber band around it to keep it together.
- Wrap the bib around the “pillow”. We used a fun designed bib so the pillow had extra fun when placed. You can even have a theme with your favorite characters, like Winnie the Pooh or 101 Dalmatians.
- Place the bib on top of the diaper brick and secure with a rubber band. [This should be on the back side (with uncovered diapers). Center the other burp cloth over the pillow and pull sides down gently. Fold the excess parts neatly in and secure again with a rubber band.
- Your diaper brick should have two rubber bands wrapping around it and now we’ll cover them up with a nice ribbon! If you want, add a flower or bow to add some extra fun.
Dahlia-like pom poms bring instant radiance to a baby shower, a reception, and even a baby’s room!
Create single sided elephant-shaped cupcake toppers and add extra cuteness to any party.
Using your favorite colors, create balloon flowers and add them as pretty party decorations for your next party!
Up, up, up and away! Add a sweet final touch to a birthday party or shower using hot air balloon cupcake toppers.
Paper mache letters filled with pretty plastic flowers are a perfect decoration! Hang them on the wall or place them on a table as a table setting. You can even create words or names!
10. Book Crate
Make this cute book crate for your baby’s room or as a gift for a baby shower or sprinkle party. Stock a library for a little reader in your life!