The holidays are almost here! Deck the halls with these 15 fun and festive craft projects for kids. Happy crafting!
1. Snowflake Snowman
- White Paper
- Black Permanent Marker
- Orange Permanent Marker
- Fold the lower left corner to meet the right side of an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper and cut off the remainder.
- Then, fold that triangle in half to create a smaller triangle.
- Draw the design of half a snowman twice on either side of the edge. Add fun other design elements if you’d like!
- Cut out your design until you only have your tracing left.
- Unfold the triangle and draw on a snowman hat, eyes, smile, and a nose! If you want, make your snowman snowflake into an ornament by adding a tiny hole in the top and using ribbon or string to tie a knot. Happy holidays!
2. Pinecone Christmas Ornament
- Pine cone
- Glue gun
- Craft pom poms in assorted colors
- Pick out a pinecone, whether from outside or from a craft store.
- With the help of an adult, use the glue gun to either glue pom poms on each of the pinecone’s scales or choose to scatter them as you like.
- Once the pinecone is covered with pom poms, take a piece of ribbon—about 7 inches long—and glue the two ends together to create a loop.
- When the loop is dry, use the glue gun to adhere the ribbon to the top of the pinecone. Now hang your festive ornament on your Christmas tree!
3. Paper Plate Christmas Tree
- Paper plate (1 per tree)
- Clear tape
- Green paint
- Paint brushes
- Multicolored paint **You can also use beads, stickers, pom poms, gems, etc. Use what you have on hand!
- In order to make the cone shape, cut out about 1/4 of the plate. Roll the plate into a cone shape and seal with tape.
- Paint your cone Christmas tree green.
- After the green paint dries, decorate your tree with paint or feel free to use pom poms, beads, etc. When you’re done, display your cute mini Christmas tree!
4. Toilet Paper Roll Gingerbread Man
- Toilet paper roll
- Glue gun
- Brown paper
- White paper
- Black marker
- Three buttons
- Start your gingerbread man by cutting out a circle from the brown paper for its head. Then cut out four strips of brown paper, about an inch wide and five inches long.
- Take each strip of paper and fold them like an accordion, folding inward one way then back the other way. Continue until each strip of paper is folded.
- For your gingerbread man’s eyes, cut out two circles from the white paper and draw a pupil in each one with a black marker. Googly eyes are also an option if you have them!
- With the help of an adult, use a glue gun to adhere two of the strips of paper on either side of the toilet paper roll for arms. Glue the other two strips at the bottom of the toilet paper roll for legs.
- Once the eyes are glued to the gingerbread man’s face use the glue gun to glue the head near the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Last, take your three buttons and glue them on the front of the toilet paper roll. Now place your gingerbread man on a shelf for a cute holiday decoration!
Simply add jewels to a paper tree to transform it into a sparkling Christmas tree.
Add pom poms, pipe cleaners, bells, and more to decorate your tree!