Just in time for the 4th of July, we’ve got 10 fun patriotic crafts to make with your kids! Below you’ll find instructions for windsocks, handprint projects, fireworks crafts, make and play projects for your barbecue, and more. Enjoy!
1. 4th of July Windsock
- White and blue sheets of paper
- White ribbon
- Red tissue paper
- Use a star stencil or sketch several stars on the white sheet of paper. Cut them out, then set them aside.
- Glue the stars all over the blue sheet of paper. Bend the sheet of blue paper so it creates a tube shape. Tape the two sides together.
- Cut long strips of red tissue paper, and long strips of white ribbon. Attach them to the inside of the windsock.
- Attach a loop of white ribbon to the top of the windsock, then hang it up outside!
2. Popsicle Uncle Sam
- Popsicle Sticks
- Red, White, and Blue Paint
- Paint Brush
- White and Pink Construction Paper
- Permanent Marker (optional to use googly eyes if you have them!)
- Assemble Uncle Sam’s hat by gluing the Popsicle sticks together. Set aside to dry.
- Paint the top portion of his hat red and white and paint the across Popsicle stick with blue paint.
- Cut out a button nose using the pink construction paper and glue on.
- Add eyes with either a permanent marker or googly eyes.
- Trace your hands on the white construction paper and cut out using scissors. These will be used for Uncle Sam’s beard!
- Glue them on the bottom half of Popsicle sticks and you have your very own Uncle Sam popsicle craft!
3. Fork Fireworks
- Red and blue washable paint
- White sheet of paper
- Scratch paper
- Plastic fork
- Black pen
- Start by pouring some red paint onto the scratch paper and dipping your plastic fork into the paint.
- Gently press the painted fork into fanning patterns on the page to begin your fireworks.
- Do the same with the blue paint, going over the top of the existing fireworks.
- Using the black pen, add a 4th of July message to your masterpiece!
These make-believe sparklers make a fun crackling sound when children run around with them!
Your child’s handprints make the eagle’s wings!
Top off your star wreath with some red, white, and blue ribbon!
Hang this patriotic star garland for a festive get-together!
Make a pretty fireworks display with just black paper and sidewalk chalk!
A fun make and play craft for your 4th of July barbecue.
No need to grab the paintbrushes, kids will love using a pom-pom stamp for their project!