To celebrate the Luck of the Irish, we’ve got 10 fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts to make with your kids! Check out our easy instructions below for a 3-D Rainbow, Pot of Gold paper chain, Leprechaun Mask, and more. Enjoy!!
1. 3-D Rainbow
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, and white construction paper
- Tape or Glue
- To make the rainbow, cut long strips of paper about ¾ of an inch thick. Arrange the strips in rainbow order and tape them down on an angle on the left side of a sheet of paper.
- Sketch a pot on the black paper and cut it out. Tape it down over the rainbow strips.
- Take the loose edges of the strips and form the arc of a rainbow. Tape them down on the right side of your paper. Continue with the remaining strips until the rainbow is complete.
- Sketch a fluffy cloud on the white paper and cut it out. Tape it over the end of the rainbow.
- If you want “gold” in your pot, add pennies or glitter to your pot!
2. Pot of Gold Chain
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and black construction paper
- Glitter glue
- Cut strips that are about 11” long and 1” thick from your rainbow-colored sheets of paper.
- Form a ring with your red strip and staple the edges together. Then string your orange strip through the center of the red ring and staple it. Continue until you’ve completed the rainbow.
- Cut a pot out of the black construction paper. Then use yellow construction paper to add “gold” to the pot. Feel free to add glitter to make your gold shine!
- Cut a strip of black paper to serve as the handle of your pot of gold. String it through the purple ring and tape both edges down on the back of the pot.
- Hang your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
3. Leprechaun Mask
- Paper plate
- Orange paint
- Glue or rubber cement
- Yellow, black, and green construction paper
- Glitter glue
- Cut the center out of your paper plate to create a ring. Then paint it orange and set it aside to dry.
- Cut a leprechaun hat out of the green construction paper. Cut a black strip to form the band on the hat and glue it down above the brim. Now cut a square out of your yellow paper and cut a square out of the center of that to create the buckle. Use gold glitter to make your buckle shine!
- Attach your hat to the top of the paper plate.
- Take pictures with your leprechaun mask!
An adorable way to share candy with classmates and friends!
Craft your own rainbow masterpiece using finger paint!
Make your own luck with this easy paper four leaf clover!
Create your own leprechaun with this fun art project!
Put those old corks to use with this super easy and festive craft!
Display your St. Patrick’s Day spirit in your window with these festive sun catchers!
10. Streamer Rainbow
Grab some streamers and create your own rainbow!