It’s so important to teach children the importance of appreciating and taking care of our planet. Since Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd, we’ve put together a list of 10 fun and educational ways to celebrate with your kids. Check out our list of activities then try our fun Earth Day word search!
1. Read an interactive book about our planet!
2. Go on a family hike.
3. Plant a tree or garden together in your backyard.
4. Plan a nature scavenger hunt.
5. Teach your kids the importance of recycling by sorting your trash, bottles, and cans at home.
6. Complete a craft together using recycled materials. Check out our Pinterest board for some inspiration!
7. Unplug for the day. (That’s right–NO electronics!)
8. Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
9. Visit a local farmer’s market.
10. Take a family trip to the local farm or zoo.
Here’s an Earth Day word search to share with your child. Enjoy!
The Smithsonian name and logo are registered trademarks of the Smithsonian Institution.