- June 24, 2013Summer is the perfect time for family vacations – uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents, and siblings descend upon a beach cottage or lake house and spend a week enjoying lazy days together. Most adults remember the days of bringing a book on vacation as their entertainment... Now, we see kids everywhere flip through tablet devices with ease. Though times have changed, the sentiment remains the same. The long, summer days gives families a chance to spend time together, create memories and reconnect. We pulled together some of our must-haves to take with us on family vacations:
- Digital camera or camera phone - Photo opps abound on summer vacation! We love the suggestions from Craftionary – including taking a picture of your kids holding up what ages they are or making funny shadow faces:
- Use an old shower curtain ring to attach your keys to your beach bag
- We love this beach bag with a mesh opening on the bottom so you can shake the sand out (Genius!)
- Waterproof/Sand-proof protective case for your e-Reader or tablet
- Click here for some excellent beach-friendly reading recommendations from Silver Dolphin Books
- June 19, 2013
For many of us summer time means beach time. Whether you are lucky enough to live by a coast – or lucky enough to take a vacation to one – we have the perfect...
- June 11, 2013
The Stamps and Doodles collection has always been a popular series; kids love filling the pages with drawings and stamps, but what happens when they’ve filled up the book? How about encourage them to...
About Silver Dolphin Books
For over 17 years, Silver Dolphin Books has published award-winning activity, novelty, and educational nonfiction books for preschoolers to 12-year-olds. Our focus is to create books that engage and inspire children to learn more about the world around them while fostering a love of reading, exploration, and creative expression. From adorably-illustrated board books for toddlers to interactive play and building sets, to sound books made for story time, we develop innovative books that both enlighten and entertain.